Warranty & Returns
Products purchased from All Things RC that come with a manufacturer’s warranty will say so in the manufacturer’s documentation. If no manufacturer warranty is provided, All Things RC will warrant products for manufacturing defects for 30 days from the date of the receipt. We limit our liability under warranty to repair, replacement or refund, at our discretion, up to the product price paid.
If you a consumer under Australian Consumer Law (ACL), our goods also come with statutory consumer guarantees. Consumer guarantees under ACL include that goods are of acceptable quality, will be fit for the purpose we disclose to you, and match the description. Consumer rights under ACL have no set time limit, but last for a reasonable amount of time and vary from product to product depending on the nature of the goods, the price paid and how the goods have been used.
If a consumer guarantee issue is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If the problem is a major consumer guarantee issue, you can choose a replacement or refund, or to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value. A major problem under ACL is when the product: has an issue that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it; is unsafe; is significantly different from our sample or description; or doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Warranty is not transferable and only covers manufacturing defects. Whereas, consumer guarantees cover a lot more and extend to gift recipients. However, goods are not expected to be indestructible. For example, you may not be able to rely on certain consumer guarantees if you damage the goods, or use the goods in an unreasonable or unintended manner. In particular, the consumer guarantee that the products are of acceptable quality, are safe, durable and free from defects.
If a product issue is caused by any of the following it is not considered a manufacturing defect and will not be covered under warranty, and you may not be able to rely on certain consumer guarantees:
- A crash or impact of any kind.
- Incorrect, defective or custom assembly or installation.
- All forms of neglect, misuse, improper or excessive use of the product.
- Incorrect storage or storage in poor or unsuitable environments.
- Maintenance, lack of maintenance or cleaning, repairs, tuning, gearing or programming.
- Product modifications, including the addition or removal of any product parts, or alteration of the manufacturer's internal components or original settings.
- Incorrect use of or use of unsuitable consumables, such as fuel, glow plugs, tyres and propellers.
- Not following the instructions supplied with the product.
- Not following our RC Product Safety Guide or LiPo/Rechargeable Battery Safety Guide.
- Not running-in engines and motors properly.
All rechargeable batteries are inspected and tested before sale, so any swelling or leakage is not considered a manufacturing defect and will not be covered under any circumstances.
You can complete a warranty or consumer guarantee claim in-store, simply bring your proof of purchase (i.e. the receipt), the product including all accessories (e.g. the RC vehicle, batteries, transmitters/controllers and chargers) and all product packaging you still have.
Alternatively, if you need or want to ship the product back to us the following steps must be followed:
- Download and complete our Warranty Claim Form and email it to us along with your proof of purchase and where possible, photos or video demonstrating the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t send the item back to us at this stage!
- If the item needs to be returned to us, we will provide you with a Return Authorisation (RA) number and the Warranty RA Form which must be fully completed, signed and sent with the returned item. You will be responsible for the cost to return the product and ensuring the product is returned safely in the same condition that you describe in your claim.
The total turnaround time for warranty and consumer guarantee claims ranges from 1 to 8 weeks depending how long it takes for us to receive the product back, and if we need to send the item back to the manufacturer for assessment.
Returns are different to warranty and consumer guarantees. A return is when there is nothing wrong with the product but you want to return it for another reason.
Now that we have entered our closing-down process we will no longer be accepting returns.